The Met Office has issued a red extreme heat warning for much of England. The Government has issued some heat-health-related advice which is available on the Gov UK website.
Reminder of heat-health advice
Everyone can help to avoid heat-related illness by:
- staying hydrated with plenty of fluids
- finding a cool living or workspace
- avoiding strenuous or extreme activities
- staying out of the sun at peak times
- wearing a sunhat and sunglasses, and applying plenty of sun-cream when outside.
If you or someone else feels unwell with a high temperature during hot weather, it may be heat exhaustion or heatstroke. Find out the signs of heat exhaustion and heat stroke and when to get help.